Thursday, February 10, 2011

The way Things were going to BE!

Before I was a mother....I had ideas of the way my kids would be, how they would be raised, and things I would or would NOT put up with....like I said this was BEFORE I was a mother!

1. My kids were going to wear what I wanted them to wear....no questions asked! Well it is usually a fight just about every morning....if it was up to Kreighton she would wear a sun dress everyday! This is problem considering we live in Iowa!

2. My kids were only going to eat good wholesome meals and they would eat what I made them. Well there is absolutely no forcing Kyle to eat a thing...if he doesn't like it, it gets thrown on the floor! And yesterday Kreighton put sour cream on her spaghetti and made it into a sandwich...strange but she ate it!

3. I would never be one of those crazy moms that would go out last second for their kids because they changed what they wanted for Christmas. Well last year Kreighton changed last second and stated that she wanted "butterfly wings" after searching all over the place and not being able to find them...I paid $17.00 for shipping and handling to have them delivered before Christmas.

4. My kids would never be "bribed" to behave. I think Kyle ate a whole box of candy hearts at Wal-Mart of few days ago....but he was quiet and did behave!

5. I would never get a vehicle that had a DVD player in it...we our proud owners of a mini-van with a DVD player.

These are just a few of my many "ideas" of being a mother that changed once I had kids. No our kids are not perfect...but we still love them to pieces and are learning the ropes of "parenting" along the way!

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't it have been funny to do a little video documentary of ourselves before our kids were born... with our thoughts, ideas, expectations for parenthood? that would be entertaining!

    ReplyDelete