Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tubes

Kreighton has been battling ear infection pretty much her whole life.....she got her 1st set of tubes when she was about 22 months and just got her 4th set last week....we have been battling ear infection since one of her tubes fell out in December.  It would wake her up in the middle of the night, I would have to give her tylenol before gymnastics, and the fluid in her ear was causing hearing loss that they did not think would cause permanent hearing loss...I was not happy with that answer because I of course do not want my daughter to have permanent loss OR miss out at learning at school because she can't hear!
So Dr. Carpenter decided putting another set would be the best decision!  

So I am hoping 4th times a charm for her....

We had to be at the hospital at 6....she was a little tuckered out!

Kreighton and Mom before she went back!

After she came out....it was SAD  she normally is a little sad coming out but this time she was in PAIN and she would not  let us touch her and begging for tylenol...which I had no idea is not normal so it took forever for the nurse to get the approval to get her the tylenol....BUT we got it...
She is actually sleeping sitting up in the picture because she said it hurt to lay her head down.  And then she was punked all day....and lucky for her she got to rest at Grandma Sharon's all day....I wanted to bring her home....but Kreighton did not want to come home "Mom my brothers are too crazy....can I just stay here" So Grandma was more than happy to keep her.   I am glad we did it and Kreighton said her ear does not sound funny anymore!

1 comment:

  1. oh, bless her heart (& ears). I too, hope 4th time's a charm for her.

    ReplyDelete