Monday, June 15, 2015

Triathlon!

We had a crazy busy weekend with a softball tournament, soccer tournament, and then to make it really crazy I had my triathlon Sunday morning!  But we made it all work...


This was on the way to the triathlon.....raining!  I told Jayme not too worry I have done a lot races and always the weather works out....I call it my Irish Luck....I admit this morning I was pretty nervous....but I prayed to the Irish Leprechauns!

AND....it worked...clear skies before we even got to Palo!


Getting all ready....wet suits make us look awesome!  But they help us swim and keep us warm! 


Kyle was only Peck kid that went....Kreighton needs her sleep and had a soccer game later that day  and Kael's "fun meter" was tapped out from spending all day at the soccer tournament 




Kyle thought it was pretty awesome being the only kid...he thought Jayme and I looked like Baymax in our wetsuits!





Kyle took this one....:)

After a little delayed start...we started our swim....

Love this picture of Jayme...they asked us our number....we did not know they were going to ask us that I was not sure if I told them the right number...but it gave me something to think about the 1st part of my swim....instead of thinking about the fact that my goggles were completely fogged over!

Over all the swim went really well....I think we took like 20 seconds off our time from last year!

Ready to start our bike!

I had a minor problem with my helmet I forgot to lower my pony tail and made my helmet  a little lop-sidded!

And GO!

All done with our bikes....biking was not my favorite part...I tried to just keep up with Jayme....but it just seemed to take forever....maybe I need to work on that a little more for that for next year!  We did take 3 minutes off our bike...which was all Jayme! 

AND running starts!

The run was great....really 3 miles...and it felt great....Jayme and I were even able to chat while we ran....others were walking and looking pretty rough! 

Even wave and smile!

Why not have a beer....we worked hard...right!

And it turned into a beautiful morning....and I caught these two cuties enjoying some  post-race snacks!


It was a great morning....and I did love the race...just not really the bike....but something to work on for next year....right! And I think it is awesome that we can do this...and so happy to have a friend to do it with me!  And push me in the bike :)   





No comments:

Post a Comment