Monday, May 23, 2011

Rock Picking Crew

So I think there are very few people who grew up in rural Iowa who never picked up rocks...I can remember picking up rocks and a very young age with  different crews!  We would with the Dolans...all of us kids would pile on a tractor or skid loader and go out we would start early and have one big water thermos between all of us that we would share and a boombox radio!  
Then time went by and a few things changed and I used to pick up rocks with Allison and we used to pack a cooler of alcoholic beverages (I will just SAY we were 21!)
Well now things have really changed and my cooler is now full of juice boxes and water!  And not to sound like my parents...but my kids have it way better instead of a bumpy skidloader or uncomfortable wagon they get to ride in the Ranger with comfy seats!

 Of course you can pick up rocks in a skirt!
 Heavy Load
"Need some Help"
"See Kyle these are bigger than our fist...so we pick them up!"

I have no doubt we will one day have to DRAG the kids out of the house to pick up rocks....or have to pay them...but for now they love it!

1 comment:

  1. wine coolers & fruit boxes are quite similar... did you know you can get wine boxes (just like fruit boxes, not the franzia box) - just sayin' in case it gets to be too much with the kids there is always a sneaky option... but wait you're preggers - never mind! thanks for bringing back some good memories :)

    ReplyDelete