Friday, July 26, 2013

Amish

Kreighton has been taking a nature class every week at Fontana...last week I packed a lunch for the kids and we had a picnic before class when we got there I noticed right away the Amish were also having big picnic as well!
My kids were completely enthralled with this different culture!  And had lots of questions and comments....I thought some of them were hilarious!

"Mom why don't they just go to Justice and get real clothes?" -Kreighton 
"Are ALL those girls Little Red Riding Hoods?" -Kyle
"Why won't they play with me?"  -Kreighton She tried her HARDEST to get one the girls to play with her....and none of them would....she just did not understand!
"Why do they get to wear pants and long sleeves and I don't?"  -Kyle was MAD I made him wear shorts that day and he did not want to (it was 90 degrees out)

It was an interesting picnic and the kids are still wondering about the Amish and how they live....and I do as well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment