Monday, April 22, 2013

Colorado!

Last weekend I was lucky enough to get away for a long girls weekend in Colorado to visit my college roomate Nikki with my other two college roomates Nicki and Carey!  I was also lucky enough that Fred was understanding to let me leave in April, lucky it was raining, lucky our old babysitter Elyse was coming home from college and could watch the kids on Friday, and lucky to have family that was willing to help out as well!
We flew out of Cedar Rapids and had a straight shot to Denver where Nikki met us at the airport! And the fun began!


Out to eat for lunch and drinks before a day of shopping!




Canvas and Cocktails!

We were very "professional!


Our masterpieces!

We made Daren judge when we got home....he picked mine as the worst!!!!  And I thought I had talent!

The next morning we got up early and hiked in Boulder

Awesome scenery!


I thought there would be a path for us to walk along and it would be a nice leisurely walk....I was mistaken!!!!!

There was water flowing down these rocks....I thought for sure one of us would end up with a cracked skull....but we all survived! 
Our awesome host and hostess!



We made it to the top!

So worth it!




Carey and I


I had to add a picture of this cutie Miss Noelle....who kept us entertained while we were there!



 It was such a great trip with awesome friends I wish I would have taken more pictures!!!  I feel very lucky to have these 3 ladies in my life!  And even though there are states that divide some of us we have vowed to plan a trip every two years while we can!  





4 comments:

  1. awesome pictures! :D wow! you were not kidding it was a hike to the top... amazing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to do that, those girls are fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics. And love your new blog family pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!! Can't wait to see all of you again:)

    ReplyDelete