Monday, May 6, 2013

Looking for Treasures!

Most of my creative ideas I steal from Pinterest or other blogs....but this idea I came up with all my own....and my kids loved it!

It was a nice day....FINALLY and the kids and I were outside playing....well the older 2...Kael was napping!


1st I made a muddy mess....





Then the kids had to turn around and hide their eyes

No Peeking
Then I threw coins into the muddy mess....


And the kids had to find them

They even worked as a team!

Found one

Dig REALLY deep and get REALLY muddy!

Happy Kreighton....I even let them wash the coins off and put it in their piggy bank....

Now if I was one of those moms with the super blogs I would type which ages this is best geared towards, talk about the motor skills they used, and probably could have turned it into a math game and made the kids add up their coin or talk about which coin was what....but I am not so I won't :)  None the less the kids had fun and I am sure they learned something from this activity...right :)


2 comments: