Thursday, November 14, 2013

Zombie Run



Almost a month ago I did a zombie/obstacle run....I really had no idea what I was in store for....well actually what I thought it was going to be like was actually nothing like it really was!
I thought it was going to be a slow-paced 5k where 
I ran/walked with my friends waiting in line to do the different obstacles and an occasional zombie would pop out and try to scare us!  I had no idea I would be running/sprinting,  screaming like a girl, while scary zombies attempted to maul us to get our flags!  


Could you imagine this guy coming at you?


Or this one....and there was never just one there was usually 5 or 6 in a pack.   
Zombies would jump out of the this casket!!! In the dark barns  on the fairgrounds!
We had to run CLEAR around this race track...which is at more of an angle then you realize especially when you are trying to keep your footing in wet mud....did I mention in started to rain right before our race....so it was especially muddy for our heat!




BUT here is me finishing as a "Survivor" if you still had a flag left you were considered a survivor....no flag you were infested!!!!





Here are the peeps I did it with....Brad, Sara, Kris, and Me!!
Shannon had just had her tonsils out!

And Sara and I placed so we got a medal out of it!


It was by-far the the most fun 5k race I have ever done....and I cannot wait to do run the same one next year!!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. so... I need to join you next year :) don't let me chicken out!

    ReplyDelete