Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Olympic Tri!

So this was also a big part of my summer....training for my Olympic Triathlon....my 1st one of the this distance!    It was on a Sunday in Palo....and I was smart this time around and booked spots at the campground! I would prefer races to be on Saturday so I can somewhat relax the rest of the weekend....BUT I am not in charge....BUT we did take advantage of the awesome weather and the beach!





Kyle loving the beach!

Kael not far behind!

Kreighton and Fred

Sand castles!

Kael!

Love their matching smiles!

Happy Boys!

Family Time....Jim and Cindy, Liz, Andrew, and Fisher, Grandpa and Grandma, and Mom and Dad came up for fun!

Grandpa and Grandma...caught them holding onto hands!

Kael making sure he is not left out!

Kreighton and Fisher going for a Burley ride!

It was hot...and Grandma Sharon came to the rescue with plastic containers to fill up with water!

Fishing at night!

This is ok...right guys?

Loving fishing...Kael had gone home with Mom and Dad....it would have been a lot of work for Fred to keep him entertained during the race!

The morning of the race....it was a really nice for me to wake up and walk down to the race...a little lonely....but nice!

Ready to cheer mom on....they really had it nice...there was even an IPAD for them to watch:)

Me getting ready....notice the fog!

In line ready to go!  Notice that I am one of the only ones without a wet suit!!!!  Probably should have gotten one!

I am somewhere in the mix of all these swimmer!

Done with the swim!

Finishing the bike!

26 miles down....6.2 to go!

AND almost done with my run!


All done with my favorite fans!


Looking back it was an awesome day....and I really did love it!  A LOT!  I think I was in a little over my head....

My bike....looked like a Huffy 10 speed compared to what others had!

Goggles...I heard people asking each other if they were going to wear their light ones or dark ones....I had no idea there was a difference!

Tires...people talking about fixing their tires...WHAT? if something happens to my tire Fred better be close by or I am SCREWED!

The fog....when I was swimming I was 100% convinced I had taken wrong turn and was swimming towards Iowa City!

The run...it really was not too bad....I can't say I enjoyed it the whole time...but once I got to turn around and start back and it went really fast!

Kreighton....she begged me to try and win I told her I would try my hardest and we watched awards and I did not get one...she looked at my ticket which said I got 6th in my age group...she was really proud that I was only 3 away from getting award (I later found out there was only 6 people in my division.....but what does that matter!)

Kyle....I also loved seeing his smiling face when I finished!

Liz, Andrew, and Fisher camped Saturday night and stayed to cheer me on for the race!

Kreighton also convinced me to get a massage....which was also a great idea!

And Fred....who let me train all summer and hardly complained!  And keeping the kids entertained and knowing how important it is for me to see the kids during the race!

And last was a random lady telling me that I would sign up for the 1/2 Ironman Tri next year....I used to think she was crazy....but maybe she did know what she was talking about!


1 comment: