Friday, April 27, 2012

Kyle's road to Recovery....

We got out of the hospital this morning at 7:30...which made us all very happy!

I was expecting to come home having to take care of Kyle and say a lot of

"I know it hurts buddy but take this medicine and it will help"
"Let's snuggle for a little bit"
"What movie do you want to watch next"
"Please just try and take a few sips of water"
"Here let mom rock you"

But instead this is what I am saying....

"Please don't climb on the counters you could get hurt"
"Let's rest for a little bit"
"Your brother is not a horse stay off of him"
"Ok...so do you want more to drink"
"I guess if you are feeling ok you can go on a skidloader ride"
"Please don't jump off the couch"

This kid amazes me and this is not at all like his sister's recovery!  Even the tylenol with codeine isn't slowing him down!  Kreighton didn't eat, talk, and barely drank the 1st week we were home.  Kyle is yelling, I think would eat chips if we let him, and is drinking like a champ!

I am know that I am naive to believe that he will be like this the whole time and I am sure we will have some bumps in the road...but I will take what I can get for now!  However I was looking forward to  some extra cuddle/snuggle time with my little buddy...but not so sure that is going to happen!

Snuggling with Daddy before Daddy went home to work on the planter


Sissy came to see us and spend time with us!

And she came equipped with a bucket tractor!


HOME eating ice cream in mom and dad's bed with Grandma Sharon...what more could a kid ask for!

3 comments:

  1. Good job Ky Man! Rest with your mama on this dreary day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS Maggie! great commentary :D can't wait to hear about the next adventure on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Fred and Kyle in the hospital bed!

    ReplyDelete