Sunday, April 1, 2012

What a Week....

I am glad it is Sunday and a start to a new week....we had far too many doctor visits last week!
This is how it went...

Sunday-Kael had a fever wouldn't eat or sleep, thought for sure it was an ear infection so Fred ran him to Urgent Care where he had a red throat and fluid in one ear, put him on amoxicillian to prevent an ear infection and for his red throat.

Monday-Kreighton had her pre-op physical for tubes she was getting on Thursday and took Kael along (sometimes I do not trust those Urgent Care doctors) but after looking over Kael he agreed with the Urgent Care doc.  Then I had was having major hip pain so I went and saw Dr. Shah where she ordered me an x-ray to rule out anything major.

Tuesday- I had an x-ray (which everything turned out fine) but Kael's fever spiked and he seemed to be having problems breathing, I ran him into the clinic in Winthrop and ended up being there for 2 hours where they ran tests on him and gave him breathing treatments.

Wednesday-Kael doing much better but Dr. Shah wanted to make sure so I took him back in to see her and he got a clean bill of health and we were able to stop the breathing treatments.

Thursday-Kreighton got her 3rd set of tubes where she was very brave and hardly shed a tear.  Her Dr. said she had one ear clear full of fluid and she would be able to hear and feel much better.  When we got home she kept asking me "Mom am I talking loud?  Do I sound funny?"  So I am sure now that she can hear better she will listen to us much better...right?

Friday- I thought we were in the clear until I looked at Kyle and his eyes were glazed over and sure enough he had a fever.

Saturday-Took Kyle to the Dr. where he tested positive for strep throat and was pretty miserable all day.

And not to mention I had to go to the physical therapy and to the chiropractor a few different times!
Oh AND this is a pretty busy time for Fred AND I can't do anything high impact on my hip which mean no running....and the weather is nice and it is driving me crazy not to be able to run!

So here is to a new AND healthy week!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you guys are all healthy this week! Sounds like Fred is feeling ok????? I am totally bummed about not being able to run much either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mags! Sorry to hear that. Noelle has a cold and I thought that was tragic enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that is an eventful week. I think you all have met your Dr quota for the year!

    ReplyDelete