Monday, September 10, 2012

Iowa/Iowa State Rivalry

So in our family the Iowa/Iowa State Rivalry is pretty strong!  Kreighton has teetered back and forth between the Hawks and Cyclones....but I would have to say I think she is pretty much one-sided for the Hawks....these are some of the things I heard from her this week.....

"Mom I am going to call those Beyer girls and tell them the Hawks are going to beat the Cyclones" As she is saying this she is throwing her fist in the air

"I can't wait to call Uncle Kendall after the Hawkeyes win on Saturday"

"I am going to wear my Hawkeye headband all week to school so everyone knows that I like the Hawks"

"Is today the game is on"....she asked me every morning when she woke up

During the game Grandpa Glen told her the Hawks were losing and she came to the house...crying real tears asking me if it was true

She was yelling at the TV during the game....saying things like "Jesus Christ catch the damn ball"
Not proud about this one...but if you saw the game on Saturday I think it is ok!

When the game was over she declared the tv needed to be shut off she couldn't watch anymore

After the game she told me she needed her space to be sad for a while

And now she says...."even if the Hawks lost Mom....I still love the Hawkeyes"

I of course want to raise a Hawk Fan...however I am not sure I thought it would be to this extent and age 5!!!


2 comments:

  1. I will say you taught her well Maggie, we only raise Hawk fans too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, but it makes me sad at the same time. I will start to put a little savings away each week Maggie to help pay for Kreighton's therapy later in life. Love the comment about calling Kendall....I am sure he will have to call her to ask her what happened :)

    ReplyDelete