Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kreighton Loras All-Sports Camp


Kreighton went to Loras All-Sports camp for 5 nights this summer....she was so excited to go and looked forward to it all summer! She had to pick 3 sports to play...1 major and 2 minors. She picked soccer as her major and cross country and basketball as her minors.  I NEVER would have picked cross country as minor when I was 7....but maybe her mamas running is rubbing off on her.  We (Kael, Kyle, and myself) picked up the stomach flu the weekend before she left....I was so nervous she was going to get it....but somehow Kreighton and her Dad managed to remain healthy. However I did have to pack for her while I was sick...which was not fun...but I managed to do it!



At Texas Roadhouse eating before we dropped her off


Byrne Oaks...which is the same apartment/dorm  I lived in my junior year at Loras

It was so strange being back there AND dropping her off!

But she did not even shed a tear when we left...she could not wait for us to get out of there and wanted to meet her roommates! She had a total of 5 roommates...and a counselor staying in the same apartment. All 5 of the other girls were from the Chicago area so Kreighton was the cool one from Iowa that lived on a farm. 

They posted pictures of Kreighton throughout the week on Facebook so I saved some of them. Kreighton playing basketball in the same gym that I watched my roommates Katie and Nicki play plenty of games through the years we were at Loras. 

On the soccer field

Kicking the ball


Lining up the Loras Track....where I 1st started to run...I would go there at dark so no one could see me and keep increasing the amount I ran until I was brave enough to run in "public" which was Grandview...still my favorite place to run...the milk house and back! 









Mom and I picked Kreighton up on Friday where they did the Olympics...My camera  broke so I did not get many pictures....but this one in the locker room...the same locker room I changed in many many many different times for swim team! 

And here she is with her paddle....all the campers get them and then take them back every year to get more "awards"

She loved every minute of it and cannot wait to go back next year...she made so many friends and learned so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment