Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's Field Work Time!

So every year this time rolls around...and every year I dread it...HOWEVER this year it was not so bad!

-Maybe it was because I was not a brand new Mom and had no idea what I was doing
-Maybe it was because I was not in the 1st trimester of a pregnancy and dealing with a 1 year old
-Maybe it was because I was not dealing with a 2 year old and attempting to sleep train a 4 month old
-Maybe it was because I did not have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and trying to prepare for a marathon
-Maybe it was because I did not have a 4 and 2 year old AND a new born baby with jaundice

Geez looking back at all of this it is no wonder I dread harvest!  

Well as I am typing this we have all the crop out...well all but 3 acres and that is the plot...so Fred tells me that does not count and we have it all done!

Kreighton on her way out to the fields...she loved it this year and would pack a bag...a perfect place to go where her brothers could not bother her!

Here is Kreighton and Tate Youngblut waiting for their ride!

Kreighton and Grandpa Glen...I think she rode for 3 hrs!

Kyle and Grandpa Craig...how lucky are the kids that BOTH Bappas drive a tractor!


Tate LOVED the combine... his smile was so sweet when Fred asked him to turn the wheel!


I could not get a smile here...but he did like it in the combine!

Mr. Kael got to ride a few times!

Fred out fixing the combine

And my favorite photo....Kreighton sleeping on the tractor!

Tractor Naps are the best!

And even when we get home...we still "play" harvest...Kyle was telling Kreighton "catch me"

And Grandpa Craig even had to play while he was waiting for the dryer


Kyle was a BTO...two combines at once!

And Kael was MAD he could not help!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely best post of the year Maggie. Love the grandpa photos and love that all is done with the harvest :)

    ReplyDelete