Monday, October 1, 2012

Monti 5k

On Sunday I was signed up to do the Monti 5K I decided I wanted to push Kreighton then that way she could get out and run part of it...and it would be fun for us to do!  I brought it up to Fred and told him I thought it would be fun if we ALL did it and he could push two of the kids as well and he surprisingly said he thought it would be fun.  On a sidenote Fred has not ran in about 5 months...and when he did run it wasn't pushing two kids...
It was a beautiful fall morning and perfect weather to run! I ended up pushing Kael just because we thought it would be easier for the other two to get out together and run.  Maria was Fred's double stroller partner...she pushed Tate and Peyton. 

The last stretch...up hill!
Ok kids get out and run!

Peyton and Kreighton finishing strong

Kyle's up next

Sissy and the Kids....

Peyton and Kreighton playing after the race

Grandma Sharon finishing 

Kyle and his 2nd place medal for his age group...I think there may have only been two entered!

Kreighton got 2nd as well 
Ryan and Fred

1st Family (of many I hope) 5K


It was such a fun day and can't wait to do it again soon! Fred amazes me with his ability to just be able to run a 5K pushing 100 pounds of kids and stroller after not running for a long time!



3 comments:

  1. You guys always manage to impress me. I believe the Tetzlaff family attempted to 'walk' the monti 5k last year and it resulted in lots of tears, a bloody lip, chipped front tooth & a car ride to the finish line... good job Peck's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember this...and I think I may have ended up with you bloody shirt! I am telling you it is all about the strollers...we have two awesome ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes great job Pecks! That pic of Maria, Fred & strollers should have been in the paper! :D

    ReplyDelete