Tuesday, May 26, 2015

1/2 Marathon in Marion

Maria and I ran another 1/2 marathon....our 4th one together and I think my 8th one overall! This was the 1st time we ran this one!  We love races on Saturdays....who likes to wait until Sunday to run and have to think about it all weekend! 

It was a perfect morning for a run.....we even got to start in our shorts and tank tops! It did get a little steamy during the race....but over all it was perfect! 

These kids woke up at 5:30 to go to the race. Clara was excited to come....I told her that  her Dad was too scared to ever race me again.....because I always beat him! Kael stayed home...a bit too early for him! 
Add caption

Pre-Race....Fred said the kids did great....and Fred was a superstar and we saw the kids probably at least a 6 times....a guy behind us even commented that "Those kids are everywhere"


Kyle and Clara!


Beginning of the race!

Still going strong....

We are done!!!!!!  We both got our best times...I think!
It was an ok route lots of little hills and some BIG hills which made it hard at times....I even let the F word fly out of my mouth because we rounded the corner to finish and was surprised by another d*mn hill! 

Our Moms came to see us across the finish line!

Our happy cheerers!




And my superstar husband who is maybe the best follower ever!!!! I think he treats it like a game attempting to find us the most times possible

No comments:

Post a Comment