Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Houseboat

When I 1st meant Jayme Beyer she kept talking about these houseboat trips that her and her family and  friends used to take....I would listen to her stories and sometimes she would say we should do a trip sometime...and I was always thought "yeah yeah we always come up with things we should do and then never actually follow through."  UNTIL this one...last summer Jayme said they were going to do a houseboat trip for their 10 year wedding anniversary next summer and asked if we would be interested. Well I was about 8 months pregnant so I thought YES I would love a planned trip for next summer....and after going through a summer really really pregnant my THIRD pregnant summer in the last 5 summers!  Oh and of course this would be a kid free vacation!!  So I asked Fred and he immediately said yes...which I was a little surprised so I called Jayme and said "sign us up!"  Then we had to wait a whole year, we had planning meetings, talked and talked about how excited we were....and then FINALLY the day/night showed up that we got to leave!  We met at Shorts and loaded up the vehicles!  We were planning on sleeping for a few hours but decided to just take off about 10 or so....why not!  So the caravan started....Chris and Jayme Beyer, Dawn and Ryan Kress, Lacy and Kelly Short, Jim and Andrea Smith, Sean Baragary and US were all off to the Lake of the Ozarks!  It was then the "perfect vacation" started!!!!!

-The boat was HUGE and AMAZING
-We had our own cove which meant lots of privacy and we did not have to worry about getting ran over by any speed boats
-I got to ski and tube...the water was like glass in the morning which made skiing so much more fun!
- My normally afraid of heights husband went parasailing with me
-The homes and boats we saw were AMAZING!
-We saw two girls getting arrested for reasons we are not for sure of
-Our houseboat had a slide off the back
-The food we ate was AMAZING
-We lived in our swimsuits and took showers in the lake
-The only responsibility we had every day was going and getting ice
-AND most important EVERYONE got along and it was one of the best vacations we have ever taken
- Well I guess the most important is that we can't wait to go back
Fred, Sean, and Jayme

Ryan and Dawn Kress

Me and Fred

Chris, Sean, Ryan, and Fred

I love this picture of Sean

Dawn and Lacy

Fred and I getting instructions on how to Parasail

And we are off

There we are

Dawn and Ryan

And sadly this is where my camera died!

But looking at these pictures makes me sad and happy all at the same time!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your parasailing pictures brought back some college memories. Your vacation looked so fun...especially the lack of responsibility part.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE it! and I can not wait to go back!!! super special Maggie, and I can't wait for you pics on Shutterfly! :D

    ReplyDelete