Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Influenza and Tonsils/Adenoids/Tubes Out!C



On our way home from Minnesota Kyle started running a fever (his 1st one in over 3 years) and complained of a headache.  We gave him meds and he seemed to be doing better. Then I found out my sister Katie had Influenza and Kyle had stayed at their house a couple nights back. So with Kael having surgery the next day I figured I should probably know if Kyle had influenza. So we went to the ER in Independence....Kyle was a trooper and they shoved the q-tip up his nose (the patient next to him even gave him a quarter for being so good) and the staff was awesome. And it came back with a positive diagnosis!!!! The ER doctor tried to get a hold of Kael's surgeon to see if they would still want to do the surgery but all that they could say is to bring in in the morning and make a call then   They sent us home with 5 prescriptions of Tamiflu and the doctor said it will be a long week!  
Kyle had an ok night....needed tylenol once....Fred and I decided that he would take Kael to surgery the next morning because we really could not expose anyone else to the flu and I still am not supposed to lift Kael it broke my heart not being there for him....but I really did not think they would do surgery....but I was wrong...they did and it went well he had HUGE tonsils and his adenoids were just as big!  Fred and Kael were home by 10:45 which seemed so crazy!



Here is Kael right when he got home!

And here is Kyle....the FLU did not make him sick at all I have no doubt the Tamiflu helped but he did not run a fever  after Friday morning! Crazy!
This was Friday....lots of movies!


Here is what all our meds looked like....we disinfected like crazy! 


Kael did great the 1st two days....I could not believe it!  But then it hit him and he was pretty miserable....he HATES medicine so it is terrible giving it to him it involves Fred holding him down and I have to leave the room because I hate seeing him so upset. And getting him to take the Tamiflu on a full stomach just added to the fun!  
This was Kael the day after surgery playing/farming like nothing had happened!


This is pretty much how he spent all weekend....laying in Mommy's bed!



With Kael down and out and we were stuck in the house we played board games....we even had bracket with double elimination!  

The cookie counter game....another big hit for the kids!



And TOYS everywhere....




Snuggles with Mom!

 I am glad the "quarantine" is over....and we are all starting to feel better!!!!  And of course today Kyle could have went back to school and it is cancelled because of the cold weather!!!! So another day at home!


1 comment:

  1. wow Maggie-hopefully Everyone is on the mend now.
    Loving your posts!

    ReplyDelete