Sunday, January 4, 2015

Tractor Accident


Last Halloween it was a typical Friday morning...all the kids went to school and Fred and both Grandpa's were in the fields getting the crop out. I went to go to school both of the boys had a Halloween Party for school....as I was pulling out I saw that there was some spilled corn and it looked like the maybe a wagon had tipped....I called Fred and at that time he really was not sure what had really happened but just that Dad and Glen had "bumped wheels"  I had to get up to the school but knowing that everyone safe I really did not think much of it....when the boys and I got back I realized it was little bit more than what I had 1st thought!  They did "bump" wheels but the tractor that Dad was driving was literally spilt in 1/2 and I found out the only thing that stopped Dad from going through the windshield was the steering wheel that he slammed into. So none the less it is miracle that both Grandpas walked away injury free and the 2nd miracle that none of the kids were with them that morning!
The "broken" tractor

Spilled Corn 

Glen's tractor ended up in the field

Close up view Kyle taking it all in




The windshield broke


There happened to be an ambulance go through town and about the same time the accident happened so there were all kinds of stories out there that my Dad had been seriously injured but we were all thankful that was not the case!

Now the boys love to play "tractor accident" where one is Grandpa Craig (the one that has the smaller tractor) and one Grandpa Glen (the one who is driving the bigger tractor) they crash into each other spilling corn everywhere (so they say)
Then one has to go to Fairchilds and get the vaccum and then they call Rylee Short and borrow a tractor from her. Kelly Short loaned us one his tractors to finish out harvest and Kyle immediately referred to it as "Rylee's Tractor"

No comments:

Post a Comment